Wednesday, September 1, 2010

unexplained leave of absense

Sorry to leave ya'll hanging there - it's been several weeks and well, I just haven't felt much like blogging.

Not that there hasn't been a lot going on either - the usual summer activities (dinners at the lake, bike rides, etc...), my birthday (27!?!?!), "Week of Julia" (so dubbed by my darling husband, who went above and beyond all week), a wedding, a concert, work, chores, etc...

I think one excuse is that my camera died. And who likes a post without pictures?

I'll try to be better. Fall is here. School started today and even though its been a while since back to school for me, it's still so bittersweet. Today, I "celebrated" by staying home sick. No really - I've been fighting this cold since last week, stayed home Monday, reluctantly went in to work Tuesday and this morning felt knocked on my ass. Yuck.

BUT, like I said, no post is complete without pictures, so I give you my first meal of the day (it's now 2:58 and I'm just now getting around to eating something). Maybe this'll make me feel better?

(it actually IS making me feel better)...

Sweetie's Green Smoothies:
1/2 c. yogurt
1 banana
1-2 cups Spinach (I promise - can hardly even taste it!)
combo of fruits (I used a handful of frozen mixed fruit and half a can of pineapples in their juice)
liquid (usually I use juice, today I used water)

*put all the stuff in the blender and blend. Load of vitamins, lots of calcium, potassium, etc....

I know this post is exciting and thrilling. While we do have some stuff going on in our lives right now, I just don't want to put everything out there on the world wide web - yet. Maybe sometime soon. In the meantime, I'll leave you with a short video from last week (a snippet of the life in the Lacy household - real DRAMA here people!) and a promise to be better. Note the psycho dog in the background...

No comments:

Post a Comment