Tuesday, May 18, 2010

by popular demand....

....I'm back.

Sorry I went MIA for a little while there. It's just because... we'll.... I don't have too much to say right now. :) Our lives have been blissfully quiet and happy and simple for the last couple of weeks. It's especially great because it's FINALLY Spring in the good ol' Pac NW, and boy does it feel good.

We've both been really busy at work lately and I am anticipating it will stay this way up until the Summer is over. It's crazy to think about the holidays already, but in my department we are ramping up for the holidays right now, so it's just a busy time. Add to that new projects and developments and it's kept me very busy during the days.

Our nights at home are spent unwinding, doing chores nightly to avoid having a pile of cleaning or laundry to do during the weekends, cooking and working on projects. Petesie FINALLY finished his "booth project" - he has had a couple of old diner style booths for years now and has dreamed of renovating them since day one. Slowly but surely (in Lacy fashion) we (okay, just Petesie) reupholstered them piece by piece and then stained some wood panels, mounted them and decorated them with some great brass tacks. He did a great job and we'll love on our booth for years to come, I'm sure.

I've been pouring myself into cooking and my garden. Both hobbies are developing nicely. Last night I made Pasta e Fagioli, which considering I don't think I've ever tasted this dish, turned out quite nicely. Sorta like gourmet Campbell's Bean w. Bacon meets Chicken Noodle. My little garden is slowly sprouting and changing, and I still have no clue what I am doing in that respect. I am totally clueless. HA.

We've decided Monty is getting really fat so have committed to taking him for daily walks. After work we walk around our neighborhood and down to the lake, and on the weekends we have been seeking out new parks in Seattle, which is really pretty fun. Lots of parks and picnics. This will hopefully do good things for my thighs as well (the walking, not the picnics). :) Mostly, we are just enjoying our home and each other and the spring and although that might not be too fun to read about, it's great fun to live, and for that we are very thankful.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you're back, been missing my Jules fix!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Where are the fancy photos I've come to expect at Sessions with Sweetie?! I have high standards in how I spend my blog-browsing time and will not settle for less than perfection! (plus, the photos usually make me hungry)

    ReplyDelete