Saturday, November 20, 2010

Surreal

This is the most surreal time in my life.

I have spent years and years wondering if I'll ever get the chance to be pregnant and give birth and then one day, I had the answer. YES.

Petesie and I were chatting today about how some women give birth without knowing they're pregnant. I get that each pregnancy is different, but literally - every single thing about my body has changed. My hair, my skin, all five senses, my taste  buds, the headaches, the back aches, my belly. Not to mention the many hours I've spent so completely nauseated that I can't get out of bed, and the daily (multiple times daily) throw up sessions. :) Feeling all these changes is absolutely surreal and to realize that this journey ends with a real baby blows my mind.

I promised myself I wouldn't buy any baby things for my own baby until I actually became pregnant, and when I did, I was too scared the dream would *poof* and be gone. So I still didn't buy anything. Today, we went to Carter's outlet and started the spending... Cannot believe that come May the little one in my belly will wear the cute little overalls I got today with the sweet little hat Petesie picked out.

Speaking of changes... I wonder sometimes if my "belly" is imaginary - the result of a big meal, or am I just pushing it out to "feel" pregnant??

Turns out, the answer is no. I do, in fact, have a baby belly. :)

See?
5 weeks

6 weeks

 10 weeks

 13 weeks
(also note the changes on the floor!)

No comments:

Post a Comment