Sunday, February 21, 2010

Normal Days

I came across this quote today.

"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so. One day, I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in the pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all the world, your return."

Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are.

Our normal days, while normal, are treasures. I woke up this morning with a stream of sunlight (sunlight! In February!) pushing through the blinds, surrounded by a husband squeezing me tightly and two kitties squished up against me, with a doggie who adores us snoozing at our feet.

I came upstairs to freshly brewed coffee and cheers from my husband (yeah, he cheers when I come upstairs in the morning. Sometimes he sings the Indiana Jones theme song as he does, because for me, waking up in the morning is quite the accomplishment). We sat, drank some coffee and ate toasted bagels and scrambled eggs. Now, I sit, my eyes directed outside to a flying bright-orange rope type contraption that he has fashioned in attempt to take down a branch that is stuck between two trees. There is music playing and sun shining, and it's only 11:08, and we're going to have a marvelously normal day, walking the doggie, getting groceries for the week, doing laundry and cleaning our house. On this normal day, which the lord hath made, I will rejoice and be glad in it. :)

(what isn't normal about this day is that it will be a two blog post day, due to the abnormal fact that my family has again grown. I now have TEN parents/step-parents/parents-in-law/whatever you want to call them).

1 comment:

  1. a normal day with Sweetie is better than an special day with anyone else

    ReplyDelete