Saturday, July 24, 2010

Summer Loves

I can't get enough of summer time in this city, I love it so much. It's hard to explain the thrill of seeing nothing but little sun images on the 10-day forecast and numbers that never get lower than starting with a 7. Yes, it's summer - finally - and with it comes lazy weekends, sunburns, grilled dinners, fresh salads, and the joy of sleeping with nothing but a sheet on to keep us warm.

(Awesome Chicken Skewers from last week - Chicken, Onions and Bell Pepper Kebobs, grilled with a glaze of lime/honey/soy brushed across them every couple of minutes. The spinach was sauteed with bacon and a little lime drizzle, and of course, crusty French Bred)

We woke up this morning on top of our sheets, just holding hands across the void between us. Love these mornings, I wish I could bottle them up and keep them for the period of time from October-May. Oh Seattle. :)

Petesie is in the yard cutting down trees with the neighbors. My wifely instincts went into overdrive when I realized that most likely none of the men working with the chainsaws have ever chopped down trees before, certainly not 30 foot tall trees surrounded by townhomes and houses. Hopefully all the buildings will still be standing (and no legs chopped off accidentally!) when they call it a day. I'd take a picture, but my camera seems to be irreparably broken. Just like my old computer. And my phone. Argh

We have nothing on our plate today but enjoying the sunshine (and chopping trees) and I think we're going to head out to the lake this afternoon to get some floatin in. Must float. I do take my floating very seriously. :)

On a side note - I made this salad last week and it turned out perfectly. Thai Style Jicama Salad with Shrimp. Highly recommend it, and it tasted just like our favorite Som Tam (Papaya) salad from our Thai restaurant down the street.  


No comments:

Post a Comment